We are able to go Fish Lake every summer. Fish lake is fun to fish, but hanging a cheese ball is not my favorite kind of fishing. There are a lot of other fishing experiences around. The last couple of years I have floated Mill Meadow Resevoir. It is a pretty little resevoir near the town of Fremont. I love fishing here because if provides the opportunity to catch good sized Brown Trout. These are beautiful fish. I fished the evening and caught 8 fish, all Brown Trout. The weather turned off nice, although when I first got there I was concerned because of lighting and it was raining lightly. I was the only one on the lake. I caught all the fish on a black wooly bugger. Here are a couple of pictures of different fish.
The smallest fish of the day
Others were about 15-17"
Beaufiul red spots of the Brown Trout
Brown Trout at night
Brown with storm in background
The other awesome fishing experience I had was fishing UM Creek. It is my favorite river to fish. I fish it with huge foam hoppers and it is a blast to watch the fish come and grab the fly off the surface. It is a pretty river in a pretty valley. I hooked four, but was not quick enough to set the hook on two. Here is a couple of pictures of the two Cutthroat that I pulled out of the water.
Colorado River Cutthroat with UM Creek in background
14" UM Creek Colorado River Cutthroat
No comments:
Post a Comment